How hypnobirthing becаme famous
After witnessing a homebirth in the slums of the London Docks in 1913, the mother refused any pain relief and then proceeded to give birth quickly and with no pain. Grantly Dick-Read was truly amazed.
The Mothers comment after giving birth when he asked why she refused the pain relief was “It didn’t hurt. It wasn’t meant to, was it, Doctor?” This experience was defining, and after a career of working on the battle field and in hospitals he theorized that fear was the overriding cause that led to the pain in childbirth. He hypothesized that when you are fearful, you tense up and the natural birth process is inhibited and becomes longer and consequently more painful. Over the years his theories have been fully vindicated with research into how hormones work during childbirth. His principles have been further developed by a number of natural birth practitioners.
Perfect For You And Your Baby
Hypnobirthing gives you the knowledge and the tools to have the best natural child birth for you.
You need information and knowledge in order to get the best from the system in which you find yourself. You need to understand the implications of the choices you may be required to make.
Most of all, you need to release fear and learn to trust your body, your instinct, and your baby. In order to do this, you need information and knowledge.
Benefits of Hypnobirthing for Your Baby and You
· You are likely to experience a more comfortable and sometimes pain free birth.
· Your baby will arrive to a serene and relaxed environment, alert and ready to bond with you as nature intended.
· Length of labour is often much shorter with Hypnobirthing births.
· Less drugs and medical intervention are used in Hypnobirthing births allowing your baby to develop naturally and easily after they arrive.
· Mums often bounce back quicker after a Hypnobirthing birth as the physical impact of giving birth is reduced.
The benefits to you are obvious, but the long term benefits to your baby cannot be over-estimated.
We repeatedly get wonderful birth stories of Hypnobirthing babies being calm, content and sleeping really well. They seem to thrive better. It may seem miraculous but this is how Hypnobirthing is designed to be.
What Will I Learn on a Hypnobirthing Course
· Breathing exercises
· Deep relaxations
· Very effective work to release fear and build confidence
· Comforting massage
· How the father can be your powerful protector and support
· How your body is designed to give birth with efficiency and comfort
· Knowledge and information about the whole process
· How ‘the system’ that you find yourself in works, and how to work with it to achieve the best result for you
· A simple practice regime to support you at home
Understanding how the mind and body work together.